PRIOR EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Job Location: Various
Apply by forwarding your current resume. NO CALLS PLEASE.
CARE provides in-home and community-based ABA programming for individuals on the autism spectrum through various insurance plans and private programming. Private programming may include additional diagnoses outside of autism spectrum disorder.
CARE is currently seeking qualified personnel in the various locations to work under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and provide ABA tutor services. Immediate needs areas in Houston include, but are not limited to:
- Bunker Hill
- League City
- Universal City
Our services are exclusively in-home and community-based, so scheduling is flexible. CARE is seeking highly motivated professionals that are committed to providing high quality services.
This is a PART-TIME position with potential opportunity for FULL-TIME.
This is a CONTRACT position.
• Completion of a minimum of twelve (12) semester hours of postsecondary coursework
• Forty (40) hours of classroom training in ABA techniques
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Reliable means of transportation REQUIRED
• Prior Experience with special needs / autism population HIGHLY PREFERRED
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. PROGRAMMING: The tutor is responsible for implementing behavioral, social, and academic plans for each individual client as assigned by the supervising BCBA.
a. Attend required monthly supervision meetings either in the home or by video.
b. Use only evidence-based practices designated by the supervising BCBA to support programming.
2. PARENT TRAINING: The therapist is responsible for training the parent(s)/guardian to effectively implement the plan within the home and community setting.
3. COLLABORATION WITH OTHER PROFESSIONALS: The therapist will collaborate among and between public school personnel and any additional service professional that provides support to his/her clients so that there is a consistent approach to achieving the goals identified in the behavior plan.