Behavior Intervention Plans
CARE consultants, under the supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts, are able to develop and implement Behavior Intervention Plans derived from the Functional Behavior Assessment process in order to address individual student behavior.
This training is designed to teach your staff how to write efficient and effective Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP). CARE consultants will instruct your staff on how to select evidence-based, data-driven intervention techniques that promote student success.
Our consultants will train staff members to:
- Facilitate the development of a BIP with various team members.
- Use information gathered during the FBA process to develop a Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Identify preventative measures that will serve to decrease the likelihood that the problem behavior will occur. This may include various environmental, academic and behavioral supports.
- Identify replacement behaviors that serve the functional equivalent to the problem behavior.
- Identify a step-by-step plan for teaching the replacement behavior to the student across settings which may include the identification of specific behavior analytic procedures.
- Develop appropriate consequences that will effectively reinforce the use of the newly taught behavior and reduce the likelihood that the student will engage in the problematic behavior.
- Develop a simple data collection system for ongoing monitoring of BIP goals and evaluation of BIP effectiveness.